Saturday, November 25, 2006

zooming through the holidays

With Thanksgiving over (already!), we seem to be hurtling through the holidays at breakneck speed! Why, we haven't even finished the Halloween candy, and Christmas is just around the corner. My mother always said that time goes by faster the older you get, and I think she was right.

I'm making good progress on Aidan's cardigan. All the pieces are made, and I'm sewing up a few seams before doing the color and button band. I'm pleased with this sweater, and it's been fun to make. And I'm glad that it will be done in time for plenty of cold-weather wearing!






But I'm keen to get going on something with this luscious yarn I just couldn't resist. This is Mountain Colors hand-painted yarn from Corvallis, MT, in the color Ruby River. I saw this gorgeous yarn last week and had to buy it--couldn't afford more than one skein of it at the moment, but it was just SO beautiful I had to have it. Now, what to do with this bit of beauty...?

No comments: